Updated 25 March. In line with Public Health England guidance, we have taken the decision to close all six of our palaces and gardens until 31st May. We will be reviewing this and will keep you updated. Please read our statement for further information. Read our statement
Step into the shoes of a Tudor servant and go back in time to help prepare a feast of food and drink for Henry VIII in his Tudor Kitchens at Hampton Court Palace. But make sure to avoid being caught as an imposter!
National Curriculum Links
• Supports students to identify significant events, make connections, draw contrasts, and analyse trends within periods and over long arcs of time.
• To identify and understand the similarities and differences between Tudor and modern-day food, dress and objects.
• To understand that Tudor society had a strict hierarchy.
• To imagine and describe what a Tudor kitchen and food would have looked like.
• To imagine how a Tudor royal thought and felt.