Update 27 November: In line with government guidance, Hampton Court Palace is closed until 2 December, but our gardens are open at the weekends only. We will reopen the palace on 5 December. Please read our FAQs
Step into the shoes of a Tudor servant and go back in time to help prepare a feast of food and drink for Henry VIII in his Tudor Kitchens at Hampton Court Palace. But make sure to avoid being caught as an imposter!
National Curriculum Links
• Supports students to identify significant events, make connections, draw contrasts, and analyse trends within periods and over long arcs of time.
• To identify and understand the similarities and differences between Tudor and modern-day food, dress and objects.
• To understand that Tudor society had a strict hierarchy.
• To imagine and describe what a Tudor kitchen and food would have looked like.
• To imagine how a Tudor royal thought and felt.