About this learning resource
Step into the shoes of a Tudor servant and go back in time to help prepare a feast of food and drink for Henry VIII in his Tudor Kitchens at Hampton Court Palace. But make sure to avoid being caught as an imposter!
National Curriculum links
• Supports students to identify significant events, make connections, draw contrasts, and analyse trends within periods and over long arcs of time.
• To identify and understand the similarities and differences between Tudor and modern-day food, dress and objects.
• To understand that Tudor society had a strict hierarchy.
• To imagine and describe what a Tudor kitchen and food would have looked like.
• To imagine how a Tudor royal thought and felt.
- KS2 (age 7-11)
- For the classroom
- Hampton Court Palace
Hello school visitor - Welcome to Hampton Court Palace! Here's what you should know about this historic site ahead of your school visit. Come and take a look inside to get some helpful tips to have the best visit ever!
Key dates relating to the Tudor and later kitchens at Hampton Court Palace from 1526 to 1979.