The Tower of London is closed on 24-26 December 2017 and 01 January 2018.
Key Stage 1 | Subject: History | Topics: Stuarts | Session Type: Route-based
It is 1666, London is ablaze. The fire is spreading east approaching the Tower's doorstep… and the fortress is filled with gunpowder!
Students will meet a costumed character who will describe these terrible events and tell the story of Mr Pepys watching the flames from inside the ancient Tower walls.
This session includes time spent exploring outdoor areas of the site - please encourage students to dress appropriately for the weather.
This session supports
• Extending chronological knowledge of significant events in British history beyond 1066.
• Development of historical enquiry skills.
• Development of speaking and listening skills through storytelling and role play.
• Pupils will explore key concepts of significance, cause and consequence as the story unfolds.
• To learn key features of the Great Fire of London through questioning and participation.
• To compare and contrast life today with life in the 1600’s.
Monday to Friday
10.30, 12.00, 13.30
Up to 35 students
£93 plus admission