FOR BOOKING VISITS AND SESSIONS, INCLUDING REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
Terms and conditions
Once your visit is booked it is fully subject to these terms and conditions. You will receive a booking confirmation email which will have your invoice attached.
- Please ensure that your finance team have received your invoice and are aware of the payment terms detailed on your invoice and when it is to be paid by. As the person making the booking, it is your responsibility to ensure that your finance team have received the invoice, and that it is paid on time.
- In the unlikely event that your invoice is not paid by your payment due date, you will be chased for payment by our finance team. All outstanding invoices must be settled before any further bookings will be made for your school or company.
- We retain the right to cancel your booking, or refuse entry, if payment isn't made on time. We reserve the right to charge interest in line with The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- Your deadline for payment, cancelling or amending your booking is 42 days (6 weeks) prior to your visit date. If you need to make any amendments to your booking, or need to cancel for any reason, you must let us know in writing before this date. If you inform us of a cancellation after this date you will still be charged for your visit as per your latest invoice and will not be refunded for any payment that has been made.
- If you need to add extra pupils or adults please let us know before your amendment deadline date, as mentioned above. You may be charged the general group admission rate for any additions made after this date.
- If you need to reduce the number of people on your booking you must let us know prior to your 6 week amendment deadline. If you let us know after this deadline you will still be charged for the full invoice as per the numbers you originally booked.
- Should it be necessary to change the ‘School Contact’ , ‘Lead Teacher’/’Group Leader’ or ‘Finance Contact’ on your booking you must notify us via email, using the details found on your booking confirmation.
- Pupils and students must be supervised at all times according to our supervision ratios. You are responsible for ensuring that all adults in your group are aware of the supervision requirements. Please refer to our Essential Information packs for more information. Adult supervisors are responsible for the behaviour of pupils. If pupils misbehave or are not adequately supervised, Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) has the right to ask the whole group to leave the site. You are responsible for any damage caused to HRP property by any member of your group during your visit. Our staff reserve the right to refuse entry to groups who do not meet these ratios, with no possibility of a refund.
Early Years Foundation Stage = 1:4 (free adult spaces available up to 1:2)
Key Stage 1 = 1:5 (ages 4 -7)
Key Stages 2, 3 & 4 = 1:10 (ages 7-15)
Key Stage 5 and up = 1:15 (16 +)
- If you are late on the day of your visit you must call us on 0203 166 6646 to confirm your estimated time of arrival. We will then discuss your options with you.
- If you have booked a session: Due to the number of sessions that presenters deliver during the day please be aware that if you are between 15 and 30 minutes late you will receive a shortened session. Groups who are more than 30 minutes late will forfeit their session.
- If you are booked for a self-led visit: You must arrive onsite within 30 minutes of your allocated entry time. Unfortunately, if you arrive after 15:00 we cannot guarantee you entry to the site, and you may forfeit your tickets, without a refund.
- Please note we cannot give refunds for late cancellations or non-arrivals.
- Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) have the right to cancel bookings at any time. In such a situation, HRP will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible, but shall only be liable to refund you the booking payment only. Any other costs incurred are at your risk.
- Palace routes, exhibitions, and on-site experiences are subject to changes and occasional last-minute closures. We cannot give refunds for such closures.
- Intellectual property rights and copyright of any materials provided or delivered during any education sessions belong to Historic Royal Palaces and may not be utilised or re-purposed without our permission.
- In respect of any dispute, the laws of England and Wales will apply, except in respect of Hillsborough Castle and Gardens bookings where the laws of Northern Ireland will apply.
- If you are a school, educational establishment, or home educator you may not without our consent sell learning rate admissions other than to members of a club, school or association. Sales must be in line with our learning rate admission prices as sold to you. Our consent is at our sole discretion.
- Agents may sell learning rate admission only as part of a package comprising the learning rate admission and other elements such as accommodation and/or transport. Any package which includes learning rate admission must offer "good value for money". It must be sold for the price which the Visitor would reasonably expect to pay for a similar package.
- We reserve the right to withdraw our learning rate should we uncover practices which contravene these terms.
In addition to the above, once your online session is booked it is fully subject to the following additional terms and conditions.
- Online sessions must be booked a minimum of 6 weeks in advance.
- Our online sessions are suitable for a single class of 35 students or less.
- No refunds, cancellations, or rescheduling will be permitted in the event that your school experiences technical issues, you provide incorrect contact information on your booking form leading to issues/delays, your internet connection/speed is not suitable for a live online session, you are late or miss your session time.
- The lead teacher must ensure they can meet the technical requirements for hosting the session. HRP cannot accept any responsibility for technical problems at the school.
- If you arrive late to your session your will receive a shortened session. If you are more than 15 minutes late you will forfeit your session.
- Your time slot and 'Zoom' meeting link will be confirmed by email. This link must not be shared with any third party.
- We require a teacher to be present in the session. Students taking part in online sessions must be supervised at all times.
- In the exceptional circumstances that Zoom Through History are unable to deliver your booked online session (e.g. due to staff illness or technical difficulties) you will be offered the option to reschedule or receive a refund.
- It is the responsibility of the lead teacher to read the Online Session Safeguarding Risk Assessment before the session. Teachers are responsible for the behaviour, safeguarding, health and safety, and supervision of all students taking part in the online session.
- The filming of online sessions is not permitted.
Refunds and cancellations
We regret that no refunds can be given for cancellations, or for amendments made less than six weeks in advance of your visit. This includes non-arrivals on the day.
Make the festive season one to cherish and remember with our selection of wonderful history-inspired gifts, tree decorations and delicious food and drink.
Celebrate the Coronation of King Charles III with beautiful commemorative souvenirs and gifts.