SEND visual story resources
About this learning resource
Format: Power Point Presentation
This SEND suite is made up of three resources to support students prior to a visit to Kensington Palace.
The first of these is a visual story. Teacher support notes and a Widgit symbol sheet are also included to explain this presentation and enable all students to access the visual story content.
National Curriculum links
• New experiences, social and emotional development within P-Level.
• Speaking and listening, significant historical events, people, and places in their locality within KS1 History.
• Speaking and listening, extending chronological knowledge beyond 1066 and a local history study within KS2 History.
• Introduce key people who lived at the palace.
• Familiarise students with spaces and rooms.
• Highlight themes, busy spaces and who can help.
- KS1 (age 5-7)
- KS2 (age 7-11)
- For the classroom
- For your visit
- Kensington Palace
Dr Sally Tuckett, University of Glasgow, describes why the study of fashion and dress is so useful for social historians.
A detailed look at historic royal fashion. Examine one of the treasures of the Royal Ceremonial Dress Collection, a beautiful man’s silk court coat from the 1790s.
Contains two design briefs and related activities as part of a self-led research visit to the King’s State Apartments at Kensington Palace.