Sir Walter Raleigh's Medicinal Garden at the Tower
About this learning resource
Sir Walter Raleigh was imprisoned at the Tower of London for 13 years. Under constant threat of execution, Raleigh struggled with poor mental health. Learn about Sir Walter Raleigh through the story of his imprisonment in the Tower of London and his medicinal garden.
National Curriculum links
- Lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements
- Be able to ask and answer simple questions about historical stories
- Explore how to maintain physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing
- Learn about Sir Walter Raleigh
- Learn what Sir Walter did to help himself keep well when he was a prisoner in the Tower
- Explore how different sensory experiences can help us increase own our sense of wellbeing
- Crime & Punishment
- For the classroom
- Tower of London
Children depict the imprisonment of Guy Fawkes in the Tower of London for his role in the Gunpowder Plot, 1605.
Key facts about the Tudor King and each of his six wives.