about this trail
KS1 | Subject: English, History, Geography | Topic: Tudors | Session Type: Self-led visit
This activity trail gives children a new way to explore Hampton Court Palace.
Children will use the activity trail to explore the key sights at the palace and to discover its secrets and stories.
The activity trail includes facts about the Hampton Court's history, as well as a variety of challenges to help children make the most of their visit.
Hard copies of the student trail map will be available on arrival.
- Develop skills of historical enquiry using Hampton Court Palace as source material.
- Develop their awareness of the past.
- Develop their vocabulary of everyday historical terms.
National Curriculum Links
This session supports:
- Understand events beyond living memory that are historically significant.
- Explore the lives of significant individuals.
- Use simple fieldwork and observational skills.
- Consider and evaluate different viewpoints, attending to and building on the contributions of others.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (during term time).
Schools only Tuesdays
Tuesday 12 December
Tuesday 27 February
Tuesday 19 March
You will receive one activity trail per student and we advise that students work in groups of ten with a supervising adult.
£4.10 per pupil, price includes admission