Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) | Subject: History, Literacy , PDMU, Q Skills in Communication | Topic: House Detectives, Celebration | Session Type: Classroom-based, Route-based
What stories do the different rooms in Hillsborough Castle tell? How should we behave in each of the different spaces? Become a house detective and find out!
Based partly in a classroom and partly in the rooms at Hillsborough Castle, this session will feature the following:
• Handling objects.
• A tour of the State Rooms at Hillsborough Castle.
• A call and response activity.
• Trying on elements of costume.
• Role-playing different scenarios and trying different actions.
• A sensory activity in the Dining Room, exploring food served at Hillsborough Castle in the past.
• Learn about some of the different uses of Hillsborough Castle throughout its history.
• Try out some of the different social behaviours linked to each room and its use.
• Make connections between historical events and real-life situations.
• Be empowered to use their senses to explore new historic environments.
This session is suitable for students with MLD, SLD and PMLD, aged between 5 and 14, but it can be adapted for older students too, who attend special schools or units.
National Curriculum links
This session supports:
• P scales: English (Speaking and Listening) P1-8, History P1-8, PSHE P1-8
• Q Skills in Communication : Q1-Q5 Talking and Listening
• KS2 – The World Around Us: Interdependence & Change over time
• KS2 – Language and Literacy: Talking and Listening
• KS3 – History: Investigate the past and its impact on our world today
4 November 2019
2 December 2019
13 January 2020
3 February 2020
11 May 2020
Up to 10 students plus additional accompanying adults.
Please contact us directly to discuss the particular needs and access requirements of your group.Contact us