Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) | Curriculum links: History, Literacy , PDMU, Q Skills in Communication | Topic: House Detectives, Celebration | Session Type: Classroom-based, Route-based
What stories do the different rooms in Hillsborough Castle tell? How should we behave in each of the different spaces? Become a house detective and find out!
Based partly in a classroom and partly in the rooms at Hillsborough Castle, this session will feature the following:
• Handling objects.
• A tour of the State Rooms at Hillsborough Castle.
• A call and response activity.
• Trying on elements of costume.
• Role-playing different scenarios and trying different actions.
• A sensory activity in the Dining Room, exploring food served at Hillsborough Castle in the past.
• Learn about some of the different uses of Hillsborough Castle throughout its history.
• Try out some of the different social behaviours linked to each room and its use.
• Make connections between historical events and real-life situations.
• Be empowered to use their senses to explore new historic environments.
This session is suitable for students with MLD, SLD and PMLD, aged between 5 and 14, but it can be adapted for older students too, who attend special schools or units.
National Curriculum links
This session supports:
• P scales: English (Speaking and Listening) P1-8, History P1-8, PSHE P1-8
• Q Skills in Communication : Q1-Q5 Talking and Listening
• KS2 – The World Around Us: Interdependence & Change over time
• KS2 – Language and Literacy: Talking and Listening
• KS3 – History: Investigate the past and its impact on our world today
9 November 2021
14 December 2021
11 January 2022
15 February 2022
15 March 2022
10 May 2022
Up to 10 students plus additional accompanying adults.
Please contact us directly to discuss the particular needs and access requirements of your group.Contact us