about this session
Key stage 2 | Subject: History | Topics: Tudors | Session Type: Route-based
Have you ever wondered what life was really like for the six wives of King Henry VIII? Strong, intelligent and brave women in their own right, there is more to all of them than first meets the eye.
Join Lady Latimer as she tells the stories of Henry VIII’s infamous queens and uncover the truth about royal marriage in the Tudor period.
- Learn about the real women behind the infamous ‘divorced, beheaded...’ rhyme.
- Discover more about the nature of marriage in the Tudor period.
- Better understand the importance of the role of court in Tudor times.
National Curriculum links
This session supports:
- The lives of significant individuals (Henry VIII).
- A post 1066 study of relevant local history.