We’re committed to showcasing some of the greatest palaces ever built, conserving them for future generations and bringing their stories to life.
After all, tales this extraordinary deserve to be told and re-told for years to come. For that to be possible, we rely on the generosity of all our supporters, from our online communities to our members, donors and visitors. In return we strive to respect your wishes, protect the information you give us, and inspire you with our palaces, stories and the work we do to preserve them.
We promise to:
Inspire your interest
- We will share with you the amazing stories behind our great palaces and the famous, and infamous, characters who walked their corridors.
- We will share the stories of the contemporary workings of our palaces and of the work we do to preserve them for future generations.
- We will let you know how you can Play Your Part, so you can support us in a way that suits you. We will value every contribution, large and small, and put your support to work as quickly as we can.
Protect the information you give us
- We will respect all the information you share with us, which means keeping it secure and confidential at all times, and never selling it to an outside organisation.
- We will endeavour to only send you information you’re interested in, so you can explore our incredible royal palaces in a way that’s tailored to you.
- We will continue to comply with all relevant laws, including the Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy and Electric Communications Regulations 2003, the Fundraising Preference Service and the Telephone Preference Service.
- We are regulated by the Fundraising Regulator and we always aim to adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice.
Treat you with respect
- We will always be polite when we contact you, and when you contact us. That includes acknowledging any mistakes we make and working with you to put things right.
- We won’t put any pressure on you to support us. We are particularly sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people, which is why we make sure all volunteers and suppliers adhere to the Institute of Fundraising’s policy on vulnerable people.
- We will never make cold calls.
- If you have a suggestion, a view or complaint, we want to hear from you. You can get in touch by using our contact us form.
We truly appreciate everything you do to help us bring the stories of these amazing palaces to a wider audience and preserve them for future generations.