About this learning resource
A selection of primary and secondary image and written sources designed to support GCSE students studying the Normans. This is particularly relevant for students studying the AQA historic environment of Norman England which, in 2021, focuses on the White Tower within its historical context.
Exam board links
- AQA Paper 2: Shaping the Nation, Section B: Norman England, c1066-c1100.
- Edexcel: Paper 2: Period study and British depth study B1: Anglo-Saxon and Norman England, c1060–88.
- OCR A (Explaining the Modern World): Component Group 2: Power: Monarchy and Democracy in Britain c.1000 to 2014.
- OCR A (Explaining the Modern World): Component Group 3: Castles: Form and Function c.1000–1750.
- OCR B (Schools History Project): British Depth Study: The Norman Conquest, 1065–1087.
- Students will be able to make comparisons and contrasts between Anglo-Saxon and Norman England.
- Students will explore the legacy of invasion and the nature of society in the early Anglo-Norman period.
- KS4 (age 15-16)
- KS5 (age 16+)
- For the classroom
- For your visit
- Tower of London
Children depict the imprisonment of Guy Fawkes in the Tower of London for his role in the Gunpowder Plot, 1605.
Key facts about the Tudor King and each of his six wives.