About this learning resource
Format: Power Point Presentation
A selection of primary and secondary image and written sources from across the lifespan of the Tower. This resource is designed to support teachers using the Tower as their Historic Site for the OCR History B specification.
National Curriculum links
• OCR B: Component Group 2: History Around Us : Historic Environment.
• OCR A: Component Group 2: Castles: Form and Function c.1000–1750.
• AQA: Paper 2: Shaping the Nation, Section B: British Depth Studies (Historic Environment).
• Students will understand that evidence is used to interpret history.
• Students will apply primary and secondary evidence to question Tower history and draw conclusions on its changing uses and importance.
• To support students in their own hypotheses about the Tower’s history using primary and secondary evidence.
• Using primary and secondary sources.
- KS4 (age 15-16)
- Historic Environment
- For the classroom
- Tower of London
Children depict the imprisonment of Guy Fawkes in the Tower of London for his role in the Gunpowder Plot, 1605.
Key facts about the Tudor King and each of his six wives.