SEND Visual Story Resources
9 April 2021. Following the death of His Royal Highness, there will be changes to opening hours for the gardens at Hampton Court Palace and Hillsborough Castle. For further information, please read our FAQs page
Format: Power Point Presentation
This suite is made up of three resources to support Special Educational Needs and Disabilities students prior to a visit to Hampton Court.
The first of these is a visual story PowerPoint presentation focusing on the Tudor Kitchens. Teacher support notes and a Widgit symbol sheet are also included to explain the PowerPoint and enable all students to access the visual story content.
National Curriculum Links
• New experiences, social and emotional development within P-Level.
• Speaking and listening, significant historical events, people, and places in their locality within KS1 History.
• Speaking and listening, extending chronological knowledge beyond 1066 and a local history study within KS2 History.
• Introduce key people who lived at the palace.
• Familiarise pupils with spaces and rooms.
• Highlight themes, busy spaces and who can help.