SEND visual story resources
Hampton Court Palace will be closed for filming from Monday 20 September to Friday 24 September.
Format: Power Point Presentation
This suite is made up of three resources to support Special Educational Needs and Disabilities students prior to a visit to Hampton Court.
The first of these is a visual story PowerPoint presentation focusing on the Tudor Kitchens. Teacher support notes and a Widgit symbol sheet are also included to explain the PowerPoint and enable all students to access the visual story content.
National Curriculum links
• New experiences, social and emotional development within P-Level.
• Speaking and listening, significant historical events, people, and places in their locality within KS1 History.
• Speaking and listening, extending chronological knowledge beyond 1066 and a local history study within KS2 History.
• Introduce key people who lived at the palace.
• Familiarise pupils with spaces and rooms.
• Highlight themes, busy spaces and who can help.