about this session
Key stage 1 | Subject: History | Topics: Castles, Normans, Medieval | Session Type: Route-based
Discover how the Tower of London was built and the clever features that make it a good fortress. Be transported back to the Medieval era and see if you have what it takes to become a knight.
In this session, a costumed presenter will use stories and role play to explore the Tower’s role as a castle. Please note: This session takes place outdoors.
- Learn about the Tower’s use as a castle and identify the features of a fortress.
- Compare and contrast life today with life in the Medieval period.
- Take part in skills tests and train to become a knight.
National Curriculum links
This session supports:
- Significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
- Similarities and differences between ways of life in different periods.
- Understand some of the ways in which we find out about the past and identify different ways in which it is represented.