Tickets for up to six people per household for £1 each
We want everyone to be able to enjoy a day out at the Tower of London, and we know how hard things are for many people on low incomes right now.
That’s why £1 tickets for a day visit to the Tower of London are available to anyone in receipt of the following:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Pension Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
You can claim £1 tickets for up to six people per household. Only one person per household needs to show supporting documents.
We hope this will allow even more people to experience this wonderful place, exploring a thousand years of history.
How to book £1 tickets
You can reserve and pay for up to six tickets (online bookings only). Children under 5 do not need a ticket.
Then collect your printed tickets from the Ticket Office on the day of your visit. You must bring the following:
- Your reservation - this is the PDF that you will receive when you completed your online booking.
- Proof of your eligibility - please check the list below.
- Proof of ID - to check that the person who booked the tickets is present (e.g. a utility bill, bank card, bank statement, or work ID)
Tickets must be booked online in advance to guarantee entry and avoid disappointment. Visitor numbers are limited and many dates and timeslots are sold out in advance.
If you can't find £1 tickets for the date you wish to book, this date is sold out but further dates are available.Book £1 tickets online
Documentation you must bring with you
- Universal Credit - show your Universal Credit statement, either on your mobile app or a paper copy
- Pension Credit - DWP letter of confirmation
- Working Tax Credit - HMRC letter confirming Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit - HMRC letter confirming Child Tax Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance - DWP letter of confirmation
- Income Support - DWP letter of confirmation
- Jobseekers Allowance - DWP letter of confirmation
2. Additional identification to confirm name on the supporting documents. This does not need to be a photo ID; a bank card, bank statement, utility bill or work ID is fine.
3. Your reservation document - this is a PDF that you will receive when you book your tickets online.
If you don't have proof of receiving benefits, you can request a letter from the government.Get a proof of benefit letter [gov.uk]
Arriving at the Tower
Tickets are valid for entry every day the Tower is open. Please check our Tower of London opening times for the day of your visit.
On arrival, please go straight to the Ticket Office to show your documents and collect your tickets.
Visitor Map and Ticket Office Location
The location of the Ticket Office can be found on our visitor map, available to download on our Visit pages.
50% OFF FOOD WITH YOUR £1 TICKET
On presentation of your £1 ticket at the Tower, you will receive 50% off food in our on-site cafés* (excluding alcohol and other selected items).
For each adult meal purchased, children under 12 with the adult can eat for free from our Children's menu
* The Tower of London café on the Wharf is not included in this offer.
Things to see
Your £1 ticket also includes all special performances or offers that are included in Tower admission.Find Out What's included in your ticket
What you may wish to bring with you
Comfortable shoes/Walking Aids
Visits to the Tower will include walking on uneven, cobbled ground. Please bring any walking aids to help you get around and wear comfortable shoes. For more information about what is available onsite, check our Tower access information.
Dress for the weather
Our indoor spaces can be chilly in the winter and hot in the summer. You need to travel or queue through outdoor spaces to explore the various routes on offer, including the Crown Jewels. Please dress appropriately for the weather. Remember to bring your umbrella, sunscreen – or both!
Picnic Lunch and Snacks
We have cafes and refreshment kiosks, but you are welcome to bring your own food, drink and picnic blankets.
Cameras, Sketchbooks and Pencils
Capture the day through photos and sketches! We welcome people to take photos (no flash or film) in the historic spaces. You can sketch throughout the Tower and gardens – pencil only. We hope you are inspired to make a memory or artwork from the day.
What you must not bring with you
The historic nature of the Tower of London means that some things are not permitted in the Tower grounds. Find a full list on our facilities page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about our £1 offer? You might find the answer in our Frequently Asked Questions.Read our Frequently Asked Questions