about this session
Early Years Foundation Stage & Key stage 1 | Subjects: History | Topics: Tudors, Stuarts, Victorians | Session Type: Seasonal
Experience Christmas like the royals! Discover how royalty celebrated at Hampton Court Palace in the past, through games, storytelling, and craft.
The session includes a tour of the Tudor palace and the opportunity to make a crown to take home.
This session is suitable for Reception.
- Learn that Christmas hasn’t always been celebrated the way we celebrate it now.
- Discover that some of our modern Christmas traditions have their beginnings a long time ago, and some are much more recent in origin.
- Find out that in the past, Christmas was a celebration more centred around religion than it is now.
National Curriculum links
This session supports:
- Understanding historical concepts such as continuity and change, cause and consequence, similarity, difference and significance.
- Understanding significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.