about this trail
SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) | Subject: History | Topic: Tudors | Session Type: Self-led visit
Come and explore the court of King Henry VIII!
Children will discover Hampton Court’s Tudor spaces through this multi-sensory trail. By following the trail clues, they will learn what it was like to be the Tudor king.
The activity trail includes facts about the Hampton Court's history, as well as a variety of challenges to help children make the most of their visit.
- Learn about Hampton Court’s stories and history.
- Be empowered to use their senses to explore new historic environments.
- Develop social and emotional skills.
National Curriculum Links
This session supports:
- Selecting and organising relevant historical information.
- Understanding how a site can reflect aspects of national history.
- Use simple fieldwork and observational skills.
- Consider and evaluate different viewpoints, attending to and building on the contributions of others.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (during term time).
Schools only Tuesdays
Tuesday 12 December
Tuesday 27 February
Tuesday 19 March
You will receive one activity trail per student and we advise that students work in groups of ten with a supervising adult.
£4.10 per person, price includes admission