SEND Visual story
About this learning resource
Format: Power Point Presentation
This suite is made up of three resources to support Special Educational Needs and Disabilities students prior to a visit to Hampton Court.
The first of these is a visual story focusing on the Georgian rooms. Teacher support notes and a Widgit symbol sheet are also included to explain this presentation and enable all students to access the visual story content.
National Curriculum links
• New experiences, social and emotional development within P-Level.
• Speaking and Listening, significant historical events, people, and places in their locality within KS1 History.
• Speaking and Listening, extending chronological knowledge beyond 1066 and a local history study within KS2 History.
• Introduce key people who lived at the palace.
• Familiarise pupils with spaces and rooms.
• Highlight themes, busy spaces and who can help.
- KS1 (age 5-7)
- KS2 (age 7-11)
- Art & Design
- For the classroom
- For your visit
- Hampton Court Palace
Hello school visitor - Welcome to Hampton Court Palace! Here's what you should know about this historic site ahead of your school visit. Come and take a look inside to get some helpful tips to have the best visit ever!
Key dates relating to the Tudor and later kitchens at Hampton Court Palace from 1526 to 1979.